TLDR: Kit is not usable if you want anything near OEM feel. I would only purchase if they were being used in a display piece
- A & B Buttons had significant flashing on the inside posts that required trimming. Buttons completely unusable if not trimmed
- A & B Button lettering is not in the correct font, and are molded off-center and skewed in such a way that is noticeably inaccurate to OEM buttons.
- D-pad center post is too short, resulting in an extremely soft and mushy feel. Again, unusable
- L & R buttons are just straight up molded incorrectly. Multiple points are inaccurate when measured against OEM buttons. They feel awful and barely function when console is fully assembled
- Side trim has flashing that must be trimmed for OEM L & R to move freely
- Power slider functions without issue
- Color is accurate to displayed image
We have provided access to higher quality buttons here in our prestige line:
Please be sure to check them out.
These new buttons fit perfectly and are much more responsive!
No real complaints here other than I bought the Blood Crystal ones which I thought would be a bit lighter than they ended up being. They look almost black next to the silver shell I bought to go with them. I guess they feel a bit... grainy compared to the originals, a bit more textured I guess. Other than that I see no problems here, after setting everything up playing games with them feel just fine. Also the little metal parts in the L/R buttons fell out a bit too easy, not the biggest issue in the long run once I got them in.
When I bought everything to pimp my gba I went with these because I like and orange and black combo, but that is sadly NOT what I ended up with, I tried using my new membranes with these new buttons, and I tried my old membranes with the new buttons, either way, it felt mushy and more like mashed potatoes. Then it came time to do the little side pieces and the R and L buttons, let me be the first to say it made what should've been a one and done situation into over an hour and a half stressful period of my life, not just that but I decided to resort to my original A and B and R and L buttons because it didn't feel like watered down mashed potatoes, and the R and L buttons actually frickin' fit into the shell, trust me either use your own buttons or find aftermarket buttons elsewhere.
Quality on these is just terrible. Half of the buttons use the wrong font for the letters. The other half uses the correct font but of course don't match the ones with the wrong font. The A & B buttons also have crooked/off center labels. The shoulder buttons are huge burs on them that I had to shave down otherwise they would get stuck or not even actuate the switch when you pressed them, and the side pieces didn't fit without shaving down the burs. The d pad doesn't look quite like the original but that's so minor that it doesn't really matter so I guess that's nice.