Game Boy Backlight | DMG and Pocket | V2 & V3
How did we ever play our Game Boys without an illuminated screen? Unless you had a clunky attachment and some extra batteries, this task was not easy for a 90's kid who just wanted to play Pokemon at night.
- 7 rich color choices
- Thinnest backlight available at 1.23mm
- >90% uniformity
- DMG and Pocket compatible
- V2: Super thin with a flat FCP cable
- V2.1: Super thin with a flat and wide FCP cable
- V3: Super thin with a flat FCP cable and Resistor built in
Not only is this backlight compatible with the original DMG, but also the Game Boy Pocket. Now you can play both consoles in the dark or give your Game Boy a makeover! You can also display your screen in an "inverted" orientation to give your pixels a retro look.
Whats included with your kit:
- 1 colored HHL backlight of your choice
- Two 28 gauge pre-tinned wires
- 1 100/150 ohm resistor depending on color (5V->3V)
- 1 polarization film
Don't have a Game Boy? Your best bet on finding one for a decent price is on ebay.
***We recommend that you always use a resistor when installing into a Game Boy pocket (as well as the DMG) at the 5V source to eliminate flickering and burnout***Do not use cleaning agents such as alcohol***
- Solder Alpha Fry AT-31604 60-40 Rosin Core Solder (4 Ounces)
- Soldering Iron
- Tri-wing Screwdriver
- Phillips 00 Screwdriver
- Razor Blade (single edge)
- 70% Isopropyl Alcohol